Laptop Problem

avengerm1

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude C610 Laptop that was running Win 2000K. I recently formated the whole thing and wanted to just reinstall Win 2000K. After doing a system transfer Sys a: c: successfully, and going for the install of the operating system the virtual D drive doesn't show the CD in the drive so I can do a setup.exe.

I tried formating again and did (Md DOS) loaded the files along with MSCD.EXE Config.sys and Autoexec . . . but still it won't identify the CD-ROM drive so I can do the install. By the way, I don't have the system resource CD. What am I missing here? Can anyone give me some advice. I've been out of computers for about three years and this is rather strange I usually get the stuff done first time around.

Thanks all!

Bobo

banned
Please create a new thread instead of hijacking other people's.

Reinstall the CD drive....install any drivers that you may be missing....get winXP :rolleyes:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I recently formated the whole thing and wanted to just reinstall Win 2000K. After doing a system transfer Sys a: c: successfully
Doing a Dos-->W2K Installation can work but its messy (compounded more by the fact that laptops are inheirently finicky)

I tried formating again and did (Md DOS) loaded the files along with MSCD.EXE Config.sys and Autoexec . . . but still it won't identify the CD-ROM drive so I can do the install
Format from the installation so you avoid that problem

By the way, I don't have the system resource CD
Bah you dont need that, its actually kinda useless