Laptop Problems

ghostdog75

I have a IBM thinkpad 770 Laptop. I am trying to reformat it with no success, I even attemepted to use the thinkpad recovery CD-Rom boot diskette and nothing but an error after getting to step 3. Does anyone know how to get this laptop to reformat; I want to use Windows 2000. It has a removeable disk and CD drives.

computerdude2004

What error do you get? Will your recovery CD's recover the laptop and put Win 2000 or XP on it? If they are going to put XP or some other OS other than 2000 you will need to first get Win 2000. To get your recovery CD's to work you should be able to set your CD drive as the drive to boot off of and then insert the CD, start the computer and it boots from the recovery CD's.

ghostdog75

No; the recovery Diskette run thru the the steps, which 3 prior to Hard drive being formatted. At the time it shows an error and restarts the program again.

You said (To get your recovery CD's to work you should be able to set your CD drive as the drive to boot off of and then insert the CD, start the computer and it boots from the recovery CD's)...I only get a A:\> What do I need to changes to too?