Windows 7 Laptop upgrade and fan issue

Evergrowing

Hi there
So this fan has been bugging me for a while now. After a few years (cleaning in between) it became very loud and also I have the impression that my GPU is hot for no reason (57°C and not even playing games). The GPU hardware-crashed 2 or 3 times since I have this laptop (~2012) and I baked it to fix it (for those interested: 20min @ 200° always does the trick)
First of all I'd like to know what I can do about the fan. In Asus GPU Tweak I reduced the GPU clock as much as possible without any effect.
Secondly, I wonder whether it makes sense to upgrade my CPU/GPU. I'm programming with Unity and it takes horrendous amounts of time just to compile a new script and I think this is a CPU-bottleneck issue.

Here is my system
MSI GT780DX
> Intel Core i7-2670QM
> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M
> 16GB RAM (never saw this depleted)

From what I can tell, I still don't have the worst hardware out there. But I had a hard time finding MIPS for this CPU model.
What would be the fastest compatible CPU/GPU with my laptop (and can I even purchase GPUs somewhere??)

Thanks for your support :)

Evergrowing

The problem seems to be the CPU temp (as well). When I am on the desktop and nothing happens, the temp is around 40°C. But if I just move the mouse around a lot, the temp goes up to above 60° within seconds, thus the fan starts working like crazy. How can this be and what can I do about it? Please help me, this is so annoying

If the thermal paste hasn't been reapplied yet, that would be one of the first things i'd do since it's pretty old
Speaking of old, I don't know how much of a difference upgrading would make but it would be worth checking out some cpu/gpu benchmarks (I use gpucheck)

Evergrowing

Have been super-cleaning the "exhaust" (dont know the proper English word) and applied new thermal paste both on CPU and GPU and it works wonders. The fan is now super silent and sometimes even off. Thank you revolution221 :)

Coming back to the other question: which CPU can I upgrade which is compatible and where a significant speed increase would be visible?

Evergrowing

Oh boy ... the problem is back :(
how can this be... just running Unity (game development framework) without any hard stuff to render causes the fan to go max power on 12% CPU usage (I assume 1/8 cores). There is seriously sth wrong here.