laptop with big hdd

Bobo

banned
I am looking to get a desktop-replacement laptop, but I need at least 200GB of HDD space. I could only find one laptop with such options from HP/Compaq, Dell, and IBM, and it is this. Does anybody else know of some high-powered models?

kof2000

since this is a desktop replacement you might want to consider getting 5400 or 7200rpm drives the one you wanted are 4200rpm and will really slow down that system. either that you can just buy it and just get external enclosure and buy extra spaces later on when you need it.

Bobo

banned
kof2000 said:
since this is a desktop replacement you might want to consider getting 5400 or 7200rpm drives the one you wanted are 4200rpm and will really slow down that system. either that you can just buy it and just get external enclosure and buy extra spaces later on when you need it.
I know that I can get external drives, but I would prefer not to. Is this the only laptop with such specs?

Chris Chan

4200 rpm drives are generally more durable than 7200's. This is probably the only laptop you can get with 200GB.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Just remember the faster the RPM's of the drive, the more power it uses. So if you invest in a 7200RPM drive your battery lifetime will drop significantly compared to a 4200RPM drive. You may need to purchase larger cell batteries or just more of them in order to get the advertised hourly battery lifetime.

Bobo

banned
4W4K3 said:
Just remember the faster the RPM's of the drive, the more power it uses. So if you invest in a 7200RPM drive your battery lifetime will drop significantly compared to a 4200RPM drive. You may need to purchase larger cell batteries or just more of them in order to get the advertised hourly battery lifetime.
Yes, I understand that, and thank you