LCD Liquid Damage

bomberboysk

I contacted Samsung and this type of damage isn't covered under warranty. The cost to fix is equal to a replacement, which is why i replaced it. I'm just getting too used to dual 24" monitors, i don't want this one to get worse!
Yeah...your not supposed to tell them you spilled liquid on it:D Worst comes to worst, they send it back to you without repairing it.

Vizy

with bomber on that last comment. IDK how long you have had but what u can do is take a blade and scratch up the monitor like crazy. Tell samsung it was doa. Your story would be so bizarre that they would have to believe you.

PohTayToez

^I would definitely not recommend that.

I'm going to say it one more time, just for my own satisfaction. I've worked on thousands of electronics with LCDs, seen plenty of cracks and plenty of water damage, and this looks like a crack.

If the picture shows what I think it does, which is the effected area is solid black, with absolutely no pixels visible in the damaged area, then it is irreversibly damaged. If an LCD is liquid damaged, the effected portion will become darker, but you can still see the image underneath it.

bomberboysk

^I would definitely not recommend that.

I'm going to say it one more time, just for my own satisfaction. I've worked on thousands of electronics with LCDs, seen plenty of cracks and plenty of water damage, and this looks like a crack.

If the picture shows what I think it does, which is the effected area is solid black, with absolutely no pixels visible in the damaged area, then it is irreversibly damaged. If an LCD is liquid damaged, the effected portion will become darker, but you can still see the image underneath it.
Same, i wouldnt go scratching my monitor up. Im saying,see if they replace it, if not, you'll just get it back in the mail.. It does look somewhat like a crack, except cracks dont "spread"..

PohTayToez

Same, i wouldnt go scratching my monitor up. Im saying,see if they replace it, if not, you'll just get it back in the mail.. It does look somewhat like a crack, except cracks dont "spread"..

Sure they do, especially if you apply pressure, as he did trying to force the "liquid" out. Once a small crack has formed, it doesn't take much to make it spread.