Lcd replacement

harryturtleface

I'm trying to replace the screen in my HP Chromebook 14. I took the back off and found i needed a $120 screen. It's a HP Chromebook 14-ca052wm. It needs a 40 pin 14" screen. But I don't know which ones are compatible. Can I just find any screen that fits and put it in? I'd assume they'd need different drivers.
Would something like this work?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Take the bad screen out find the model number and search for it. Brand new one is gonna be expensive. Might be better just to buy a new chromebook. The place where I get all my screens from is over $140 for a new one, but its out of stock. I wouldn't trust ordering that one in the link.

harryturtleface

Take the bad screen out find the model number and search for it. Brand new one is gonna be expensive. Might be better just to buy a new chromebook. The place where I get all my screens from is over $140 for a new one, but its out of stock. I wouldn't trust ordering that one in the link.
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if I got a lcd with a 40 pin connector that was the same size if it work?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You have to make sure it's compatible. Like I said, get the exact model number odd the bad screen and look it up on like ebay or Amazon. I use laptopscreen.com but it's out of stock. They make matte or glossy screens and you have to make sure the screen resolution will work.

harryturtleface

You have to make sure it's compatible. Like I said, get the exact model number odd the bad screen and look it up on like ebay or Amazon. I use laptopscreen.com but it's out of stock. They make matte or glossy screens and you have to make sure the screen resolution will work.
Ok. I looked up the specific model and it's $120. But I bought this laptop to repair and sell it. How would I make sure a random lcd online is compatible?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, pull the bad screen out, get the model number and search it, someone will have it.

Not sure where you live but here is one on ebay for 80 bucks. All I did was search for 14-ca082wm replacement screen.

Or you can just click on this link and different places will come up that have that replacement screen.