lcd swap

djk2450

i am new on this forum. i have a gateway pfd 1520 lcd that has begun to blink and is getting worse. i also have a 15" lcd panel from a gateway profile 2 that was working fine. i would like to swap the old 1520 panel with the new profile panel. the problem is the connections. the 1520 has a regular 3 prong power receptacle and the standard multi-pin connector for the display. the profile has some much smaller connectors that attached into the computing unit of the profile 2. is there any way that i can convert the profile 2 cables to accept the standard power and display cords? thanks. i hope this works out. any suggestions or help is appreciated. Peace and God bless. dan

P11

VIP Member
Ya, i think its possible to get a converter from VGA to DVI but its hard to find. i would reccomend getting a better graphic card that has a DVI connector.

djk2450

i did find some adapters for dvi to vga on sites, but the connector on the profile 2 is much smaller than a dvi. it measures about 3/16 x 1/4 x 3/4". it has about 12 or 14 pin receptacles. would this be the dvi? thanks for the reply and the help. dan

djk2450

i googled dvi/vga adapter and came up with several sites. one was monster cable (expensive) and 123 cable? (reasonable).

P11

VIP Member
ok so you need to convert the many reciptor cable (DVI) to the standard blue connector?

djk2450

yep, that is my problem. the examples of the adapter on the web sites make the dvi look bigger than the connector i have connecting to the lcd now. as i said, it is a really small connecting device. thanks again.