Lenovo Computer Arrow

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110. My problem is I spilled some fluid on the arow pads. I took the computer apart to dry out the pads that controls the arrow and the ribbon control that goes from the computer to the pads came unplugged. Now I cannot get it plugged back in so I can use the computer. Can I buy the plug and ribbon and soldier it back and get it to work? I need the arrow to navigate on the screen or does somebody have a better idea. It is a good computer, until this happened.

Did you release the latch before trying to reconnect the cable? There is a small piece of plastic that you raise and lower that lets you insert the cable and then when lowered secures it in the slot.

Pictures would help.

You're gonna mess up any attempt at soldering unless you're an actual pro grade solderer. Those contacts are tiny. Unless you broke the latch, you should be able to get it back in.

If this is your model, look at the time stamped spot around 2:29. You can see him flip up a wide black latch on the motherboard, that's for the KB. If that latch is missing or broken, you can sometimes just tape it down in place and apply some pressure to it with a piece of notecard or something to get it to hold contact. Janky, but might work.

Back