Lenovo Idea pad screen

atlfan42

Hello all. I have a Lenovo idea pad computer. The issue that i'm having is that when i turn on the computer, I do see the Lenovo logo comes on, the hour glass for Windows 11 spins, the screen turns black but I do hear the chime. I have the computer connected to my external monitor so as soon the laptop screen turns black, my external monitor kicks in. I do get into my desktop, check the display settings, did a BIOS update, uninstalled the drivers, checked if there is any other Windows update, nothing. What might be the issue?

atlfan42

An update. Did the safe mode but also, I also did send it to PC Screen (Windows key + P,) and the external display went away restarted the computer and no external display.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you have the external monitor setup as display number 1 instead of 2. Are you wanting to extend the desktop or copy it?

atlfan42

Sounds like you have the external monitor setup as display number 1 instead of 2. Are you wanting to extend the desktop or copy it?

Thanks for your reply, i did mess around with the external monitor settings and nothing has changed, even when i unplug the cable

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Go back into your display settings and identify which monitor is set to what. Just unplugging your monitor won't make a difference.