Lens suggestions

Ethan3.14159

Hi guys,

I have a Canon 1000D and I'm looking to grab a few lenses. I currently have a 50mm f1.8 and a 18-55mm kit lens. I take a lot of close up shots. However, I'm trying to take more landscape, and sports/action pictures.

Also, I was looking at upgrading the body to something like a 7D. Would that be a good upgrade, or should I spend the money on lenses?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Justin

VIP Member
For sports the 7D is great. The 1000D will have a harder time autofocusing on moving subjects.

Lenses for landscape I'd recommend the Canon 10-22 which I own and it's fantastic, almost L like quality, although a bit pricey. The Sigma 10-20's are good for a cheaper price, just hope you get a good copy since Sigma has a bad reputation when it comes to quality control.

For sports you can't go wrong with the Canon 70-200 2.8, although the Sigma version is cheaper but still is a good lens.

Ethan3.14159

Thanks for that. A friend of mine is selling his 10-22, so I'll definitely go with that.

The 70-200 looks amazing, but it's expensive. Even used ones go for a lot here.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
A good all-around lens is the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. I'd definitely invest in a body upgrade in addition to the lenses.