LimeWire on Load Forces Memorydump and Reboot in Windows XP SP2.

Disan

I recently re-formated my computer, and installed LimeWire again. When LimeWire starts up, as causes a bluescreen to flash by for a split second, and then the computer re-boots. The bluescreen mentions something about memory dump, though there is not enough time to read the entire screen. Is this possible to change, so a screendump would be possible?

After I have re-formated my computer a number of times lately, I have realised that there seems to be another program that causes the instability in LimeWire. Thus after re-formating, and the first thing installing my LimeWire, and everything works find. Though after I have installed other software, e.g. office, ad-aware, divx, norton antivirus, acrobat reader, diashow etc. the problem occurs again. I have tried and uninstall programs in order to pinpoint the program conflict, though I have not found any correlation with any other program. Is there any program known to cause a conflict with LimeWire, and is such case which? Could it be ad-aware? Or is my problem something else, and in such case what, and what to do about it.

Please help, though this problem is getting really annoying, and I strongly need my computer and LimeWire for work and study. If you think you may be able to help me out, please post a reply here, or e-mail it to [email protected] thanx.

Trizoy

VIP Member
You use Limewire for work?? Anyway, just open the taskmanager and see what programs are running. type them into the forum here and we will let you know which ones, might be causing it. Your using winxp?

it could be Norton ...or what u could do is reinstall windows and install Limewire and Install then install another progra m and then try limewire again and do this until u pinpoint the problem software ..or it could be SP2 ...as i have problems with Limewire and Sp2 ...but it wasnt that important for me so i left my pc ..

Last edited:

Disan

Running Processes

Yes, I am using WinXP SP2.

The processes currently running on my computer is:

SNDSrvc.exe
wmplayer.exe
taskmgr.exe
imapi.exe
alg.exe
acrotray.exe
spoolsvc.exe
NOPDB.exe
CCEVTMGR.EXE
SMAgent.exe
MDM.EXE
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
wdfmgr.exe
iexplore.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
nipplpte.exe
explorer.exe
notepad.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
HKWnd.exe
NPPROTECT.EXE
ctfmon.exe
saap.exe
ApntEx.exe
NPFMNTOR.EXE
CCAPP.exe
tfswctrl.exe
sdmcp.exe
ezSP_Px.exe
SPMgr.exe
HKServ.exe
ico.exe
Apoint.exe
System
System Idle Process

I had Ad-aware Professional 6 installed, but have uninstalled it as I thought that might have caused
the confict. Unfortunatelly I was wrong... X-)

I tried formating and then installing each program and testing LimeWire between each program. But program
worked properly until I rebooted the computer. Thus I would have to do it again, and reboot between
each installed proram. This is what I am trying to aviod, thus most of the programs I have installed I need,
and can't really afford not having one of them, so I would really like to get LimeWire to work with
my other software.

Trizoy

VIP Member
The ones i dont recognize are...
nipplpte.exe (iCapture??)
HKWnd.exe (sony vaio hotkey)
ico.exe (too many programs)

Do you know what nipplpte.exe is? Do you use ICAPTURE... anyway I dont see naything else that looks to be to devious... Do you have a digital camera you can take a picture of the memory dump screen? Then upload and show to us? That would be helpful...

Disan

It is a Vaio laptop computer, Vaio PCG-TR5GP, and comes with a heap of preinstalled software. The first thing I do after I reformat is to uninstall all the program I don't use. IPCAPTURE is the driver for the built-in webcam on the computer. I will try and get a picture of the bluescreen and post it here shortly.

Geoff

VIP Member
first off, go to run, then type msconfig, then deselect all the programs that you dont need. I have limewire, and i also have sp2 and adware and norton installed at some point, and no problems. And it might not be something thats currently running, it could be a program that installed and overwrote a file that limewire needed to run properly.

Try reformatting, install limewire first, then install 1 program at a time and run limewire, until you find which program caused it.

Disan

Actually I managed to fix it. I didn't delete some files after the uninstallation of ad-aware. When I deleted these files, and rebooted my computer, LimeWire was working properly again.

Thanks for the help, and of course the very fast reply. Keep it up!