little help please

Gotenks

ok so you know how when you right click an image in 'my documents' and you can go to 'open with' and choose a program to open the image with. Well i did:

open with> choose program > browse

and then selected photoshop, but it won't appear from the list of programs i can choose from. anyone know how i can make photoshop one of the program i choose from? (when i go right click > open with)

thanks.
-----
edited: ah ok so i've fixed it now ^^

Last edited:

badmonkey

you do have photoshop installed right? if so...

go to the folder that has your photoshop executable file in it. or better yet open photoshop and select to open a file and open the pic you want

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that it does not remember photoshop as a preffered program in the list of programs under open with?

Also what version of photoshop do you use? what version of windows? Is there not an option when You right click that says "Edit with Photoshop"?

Edit:

Also I know this is General chat but it would be better if you posted this in the Software section of the Computer Forums site. Also welcome :).

abacus_cn

you can enter control panel,and choose 'add&delete program',choose 'default program' item,take your file which you want open with photoshop to choosing photoshop
then,you double click or right click the image,you will open it with photoshop

OS Dragon

I had this problem once before. I never found a complete solution but a way round the problem :rolleyes:. If you put a shortcut icon of photoshop on your desktop from the program listings (Start > All Programs > Photoshop > Rightclick > Send To > Desktop(create shortcut)), when you browse, simply go to Desktop and select and Click Ok. :D