Little noises while working

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Not a problem, just curious... I notice when I'm doing something in Photoshop, like erasing(dragging the eraser along) I here a little high pitched hum from my computer. It stops when I let go. My old computer, the fans seemed to speed up just a bit when I used it(but it didn't have any form of fan speed control) Any ideas? Once again, nothing major, just odd...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
But the HD isn't active, and it doesn't sound like the fans in my new system. As for my old one, as I mentioned, it doesn't have anything like that. The fans just go full blast :p

the only way that i can think of for u to find out what it is, is to take the side panel off and stick ur ear up to it..lol ;)

NeuromancerWGDD'U

Could be the system speaker. Maybe it's giving you the 'Omigod a button's being held down!' noise. It does that on my new system for certain things, and I think I've caught it making that noise while I was clicking and holding on something.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
LOL...well it's not that "Beep...Beep...beep..." you normally get. You know, I've yet to hear this one make any beeps because of holding buttons down or anything...well full beeps.

r53s

If you have two speakers and a subwoffer, and a little old onboard sound system, this could be the problem, mainly when you move the mouse.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I have a soundcard. It connects to like an inverted PCIe 1x connection(look up the Abit AN8 to see what I'm talking about) Anyway, I know they can have some feedback, but I only hear it in Photoshop. Well, I also hear something when I use my TV Tuner, but that's a bit louder and only in HQ mode

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
i know what you mean, i get that on my system... i can only describe it as a very high-pitched squeal, not loud but noticable.

i think it might be something to do with the power rectifier in the PSU, not sure tho

NeuromancerWGDD'U

The_Other_One said:
LOL...well it's not that "Beep...Beep...beep..." you normally get. You know, I've yet to hear this one make any beeps because of holding buttons down or anything...well full beeps.
The only time my sytem speaker ever beeps is after the POST. Any other noise it makes comes out as 'clacks'. I dunno, maybe I just have "special" system speaker ;).