Logitech Wave KB upgrade

h3donyst

I am currently using an old Logitech Wave keyboard and I'm interested in finding a replacement that meets the following criteria:
  • It should have a relatively quiet typing experience.
  • It should be backlit for enhanced visibility.
  • It should have dedicated media keys for functions like volume control, play/pause, and mute.
  • It should include a palm rest for added comfort during extended use.
While I occasionally engage in gaming, my focus is primarily on productivity, particularly strategy games rather than competitive FPS. I've considered the Corsair Gaming K55, but I've read reviews stating that the palm rest is subpar, which has made me somewhat hesitant. Additionally, I'm accustomed to using membrane keyboards and I'm uncertain if I would appreciate the louder typing experience of a mechanical keyboard. My budget is about 100$ give or take.

I appreciate your assistance in advance.

beers

Staff member
I have a K60 which is alright but no real palm rest. The keys aren't obnoxious like the Cherry Blues are though, but I feel like a lot of the difference between mech and rubber dome is sensationalized. I HATE that the keycaps detach so easily and they seem to be easily damaged as well with a couple of them not able to be reattached after a piece of the mounting + sign broke off. I used a K350 forever though which might be the same one you've been used to.

It's hard to make a suggestion for a personal preference type of item, however.

h3donyst

That is true, I think I will try mech kb in-store to see how It feels first. I have found on the internet there are a couple of quiet solutions like CORSAIR STRAFE RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent switches but first I really need to try it out, also I'm really used to low profile keys and I can type the fastest using them.
I figured anyone with a similar experience could pitch in on the upgrade. I liked the K350 but it started to act up and the lack of backlight at night really started to bother me.