Looking for a 12.1" ultraportable.

Dave2k

Hey all, my boss is giving me a purchase order soon to pickup an ultraportable notebook. These are the tiny laptops that have the 12.1 inch screens, weigh less than 3lbs and are usually about 1 inch thin.

I've been comparing some models, mostly the Ibm X series, and the Asus one.

Does anyone know any other models or brands i should look into? i have a few weeks before the purchase order is put through, so i get to research the different types.

Here is what i need it for:
I am an IT/IS consultant for a local bank chain, we have roughly 1000 branch locations in about 6 states. MY job is to maintain the servers in 3 of the office buildings (mortgage office, financial office, another financial office). Each of these office buildings (not the actual branch) has a 10-12 server farm where I spend most of my day. I need a laptop that can be portable, as I am going from building to building. It needs to be lightweight, small, have lots of battery life, a large hard drive, and a cdrw/dvd combo drive (DVDRW is a plus).

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks guys

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well it shouldnt be too hard to check then! :p I think Samsung makes some very nice ultraportables too but i cant remember