Looking for a programma to convert MPEG into MP3, please help

Orli

Hi everyone,

I am new. I was wondering if anyone could help me.I am looking for a programma where I can convert an MPEG file into mp3.I already have a programme which does that with dvd chapters but it only works for dvds so I have to insert a dvd and then convert a chosen chapter into an MP3 file so if let's say there is a particular scene I love from the movie then I can just take the sound, and transfer the mp3 onto my mp3player.I would like to do the same thing with some mpeg videos I have stored on my computer so if anyone could give me a link for downloading such programme, I'd be really greatfull.

Thanks in advance

Grimulus

I'm not sure how possible that is, but yeah...check DBpowerAMP. they have solid mp3 converters(it's all I use) so they might have something to sooth your needs.

all of the stuff is free...i'm not sure the website, just google DBpowerAMP or DB power amp or something, you get the idea. :p

Grimulus

i'm sorry dude, my thoughts were carrying over, i'm sure that's possible. :p and what program are you using to get your stuff from your dvd's? I've been looking for something like that.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
TMPG and VirtualDub (both free or free-versions available) can do it :) Prolly easier to do via TMPGEnc

SFR

Truth fears no questions
search engines RULE!

TMPGenc itself can split the 3rd layer and save it but uses another encoder to do that.. havent tried it, but it probably works.. ( i trust an admin post'er) Personally I thought it was for converting .avi files into Mpegs.... but hey.. thats why NEW versions are created...

as for VirtualDub if you dont have a certain ACM driver (and when u install microsoft media player - on default setting - it will overwrite with its own .acm) you can not use this program... have had that problem. You might not have it, but why take the chance.

...head-ache...

I have personally used Xilisoft WMA MP3 Converter and it has worked... look on the internet searching for "MPEG to MP3" and I bet u will find a program that works PERFECTLY for YOU!