Looking to upgrade.... (Motherboard and Video card)

Coming back here since you guys were all very helpful a year and a half ago when i was first building my rig. And now im back looking to upgrade and looking for suggestions and tips. So right now im running

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX motherboard

Video Card
EVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

what do you guys suggest i look at .. and what would be a decent upgrade to what i have now? Also if these are still decent and its not worth upgrading yet let me know im wasting my money lol

if i were to upgrade my motherboard i would prob. want to throw another 4 gigs of ram in my machine.. right now im running 4 gigs of

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

should i just buy another 4 gigs of that?

this machine is a gaming machine if that helps.. budget i would say is 500 give or take 100 bucks.. I would like to go SLI but not completely nessassary.

daisymtc

No point to upgrade motherboard, as you will not get much gain in performance on new one.

I would say upgrade on CPU to Q9550 with a aftermarket heatsink, but Q6600 is not bad, up to you..,.
Upgrade for video card could increase the performance. 4890/ GTX 275 would be a decent boost from 8800GT

Alternatively, try to sell your current machine for $500 - 600, (Take out the WD Raptor and change for a cheaper case like Antec 300), then build a new Core i7 machine with $1100 - 1200. This would be better than spending $500 on current machine.