loptop HP Split 13x2 PC

snag

when it load it is slow before start working good.
the ram showing 100 % used.
i would like to reset this computer.
i upgradet to win 10 pro and using that few years.
1 i do not have any backup for windows.
what proces i shoud do before reset ? to make sure if somting go wrong i can install new win 10 pro.
it say you need code license for win 10 to install,where is my code license in my computer what i should write down to install new install off win 10 pro ?
i have 3 programs i would like to save and reinstall,ninja trader 8,thinkorswim and trade station.

it is HP loptop split 13x2 PC,64 bit win pro,4 ram.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
With Windows 10 you don't need the license code. It will be stored on MS servers. Once you reinstall windows and get to the desktop it will automatically reactivate within a minute or so. You can either choose to do a fresh install or just use the "reset this pc" option. Are you sure you just don't have too many programs loading at bootup? Do you have an SSD boot drive? 4 gb of ram is pretty low these days, minimum should be 8gb. If you don't have an SSD and only running 4gb of ram, thats why its slow. What exact processor does it have?

snag

With Windows 10 you don't need the license code. It will be stored on MS servers. Once you reinstall windows and get to the desktop it will automatically reactivate within a minute or so. You can either choose to do a fresh install or just use the "reset this pc" option. Are you sure you just don't have too many programs loading at bootup? Do you have an SSD boot drive? 4 gb of ram is pretty low these days, minimum should be 8gb. If you don't have an SSD and only running 4gb of ram, thats why its slow. What exact processor does it have?
i5 no ssd regular hard drive.
how i can find out what is needed to run the computer properly and what proces i can desable ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can open task manager, click on the startup tab and decide what to disable. If you need help, then post a screenshot of the startup tab and we can help you. Are you running an antivirus program? A few of them are memory resource hogs like Mcafee and Nortons.

snag

You can open task manager, click on the startup tab and decide what to disable. If you need help, then post a screenshot of the startup tab and we can help you. Are you running an antivirus program? A few of them are memory resource hogs like Mcafee and Nortons.
yes i am runing Mcaffe.
what you think abouth Advaced system care 15 free ?
how i can protect myself if sombody lock my computer.what i should have to put all programs and win 10 pro back and runing ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
To do a fresh install of windows 10 you would need to use the media creation tool to download and create the usb install media.

Click on the Download now box to download the tool and then follow the prompts to create the usb. Then you'll need to boot to the usb to install windows 10.

All programs would have to be reinstalled.
what you think abouth Advaced system care 15 free ?
Its junk. Windows 10 comes with windows defender. Would recommend using that and Malwarebytes as an on demand scanner. How old is this laptop? Really should increase the ram to 8gb or think about getting an SSD as a boot drive. You'll see a huge increase in performance.

snag

To do a fresh install of windows 10 you would need to use the media creation tool to download and create the usb install media.

Click on the Download now box to download the tool and then follow the prompts to create the usb. Then you'll need to boot to the usb to install windows 10.

All programs would have to be reinstalled.

Its junk. Windows 10 comes with windows defender. Would recommend using that and Malwarebytes as an on demand scanner. How old is this laptop? Really should increase the ram to 8gb or think about getting an SSD as a boot drive. You'll see a huge increase in performance.
thanks,it is 5 year old,i will reinstall win 10 pro.i would do the ssd and memory,but i can not open that that is build like iphone or tablet everithing is sealed.