Lost lots of stuff; trying to get it back

srlt1111

I'm really poor with computers, so this may be a completely absurdd question, but ive become desperite. I was changing the user profile that was in charge of the computer. While doing so i accidentally deleted the user profile which housed all the programs i needed and lots of files i needed. Now i am wondering if there is anyway to access those files, or if they're gone for good.

Verve

hmm... I think that in winXP any user, or at least any administrator, can access all of the files... I'm guessing you want to get the "My documents" of some other user right? If that is the case, you may not have deleted the files. Try going into C:\Documents and Settings and the old user's folder may still be there. If its not, the only way MAY be to use a recovery program...

But I'm not sure, I'll let some more knowledgeable folks take it from here.

srlt1111

cant get a program

I can find all of my files in the folder, but the program that runs my music isn't functional. anyone?

Geoff

VIP Member
if your running XP, go to start > programs > accessories > system tools > system restore, and try to recover your computer before you deleted the profile.

(Hint: you may need to try several ones before it works)