lots of problems with doom 3

Emptyevergreen

ive encountered a hell of a lot of problems while i have beenplaying doom 3, first of when i get to parts where there might be a real time cutscene the game will sometiimes just shut down and act as if i was ever playing it at all, also when loading new levels sometimes the progress bar will stop and it will return to the doom menu. is anyone having similar problems or is there something i need to update or fix to get this game to work right

Grimulus

well dude, i have doom as well. i crashed on me a couple of times when i was loading something, but since i had just started, i just overwrote it, and it hasn't happened again. apparently after the first crashes it just works itself out. not sure how that works, but that's been the general consensus with those that already have doom 3. i'm loving the game though. you???

Emptyevergreen

oh yeah one of the best single player fps i have played, maybe its just a little to dark though i mean you cant see anything without the flashlight, and with the flashlight its like your playing on a 5 inch monitor

Nephilim

VIP Member
The darkness and the flashlight really add to the creepiness for me :) The best graphics I've ever seen too!

I haven't run into any problems with the game yet although quite a few people are having problems getting it to run due to SafeDisc 3.20.022 detecting virtual drives and emulation software or just plain refusing to run by giving a "please insert Doom3 disc 1" error with the original disc. Bummer.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ive encountered a hell of a lot of problems while I have beenplaying doom 3, first of when I get to parts where there might be a real time cutscene the game will sometiimes just shut down and act as if I was ever playing it at all
Not meaning to imply anything by this but a couple of my friends with ATi cards have had this problem too (9000,9200,9500, 9800Pro). Back with the Alpha/Beta it was the nVidia cards that had a major problem... maybe a switcheroo? :)

oh yeah one of the best single player fps I have played, maybe its just a little to dark though I mean you cant see anything without the flashlight,
Plasma rifle (first one on lev4 or lev5) or better yet, if you've got a surround sound setup you dont need lights as you can aim by sound. Then there's the chainsaw...........

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately once you get the chainsaw... it's not as scary anymore! :( I liked the Painkiller but the chainsaw just kicks ass :p (I'll see if i cant track down any common driver versions)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It appears Catalyst 4.2 (or something like that) was the common driver for people experiencing crashing with Doom3.... coincidence maybe? :)

Christopher

VIP Member
Updated my catalyst drivers last night, solved my crashing woes :D I thought it was something else, maybe an error with the no .... nevermind. :p