Low cpu and gpu usage in games

Pera Detlic

Ok, here is the problem. My friend have amd x4 9500 and radeon hd 4870 1gb. But he have low fps in games. Temperatures are same in idle and in games, but cpu and gpu usage goes from 0-20%. Fps is almost the same on low and on ultra settings. Card temps are little high(50-60C both in idle and games) but i heard that this card can be hot. Maybe that cpu is too weak for that gpu? Or maybe its because unstable psu that gets very hot? I dont know and that is why i need help!

Attachments

• IMG-20180704-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180704-WA0000.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 6

Darren

Staff member
Might want to specify the game. That's pretty old hardware so it's not going to run stuff super great, and if it hasn't been cleaned recently/ever it's probably full of dust and thermal throttling.

Shlouski

VIP Member
Often poor coding is to blame and can't take advantage of all the hardware, but that's really low usage. Also I see that the system is using almost 2gb of ram, how much system ram do you have? If you are maxing out your ram the computer will have no choice but to constantly use the drive and if that drive has poor performance, like a slow HDD, this could really hinder performance.

Pera Detlic

Often poor coding is to blame and can't take advantage of all the hardware, but that's really low usage. Also I see that the system is using almost 2gb of ram, how much system ram do you have? If you are maxing out your ram the computer will have no choice but to constantly use the drive and if that drive has poor performance, like a slow HDD, this could really hinder performance.
I have 4 gb of ram and hdd is not so bad.

Also depends on case cooling. Wasn't there an issue with the 4870?
Yea but the temps are now good after a good cleaning and replacing the thermal paste.

Might want to specify the game. That's pretty old hardware so it's not going to run stuff super great, and if it hasn't been cleaned recently/ever it's probably full of dust and thermal throttling.
Games are lol and wow(expansion from 2005) and i cant believe that this system cant run those games at high settings. I reinstalled my windows(7 64 bit) but its still the same.

Last edited by a moderator: