:mad: Alienware Support SUCKS

tim_155

Email to Alienware

I purchased a laptop from you for my nephew in December. With the purchase I selected the "1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service" option.

Late in January, the laptop died. You push the power button and lights blink but nothing comes up on the display. My amateur diagnosis is: either the display or the motherboard died. This is not that upsetting to me. Laptops do from time to time die. My Dell laptop is usually fixed within 24 to 48 hours of me calling it in. I've had the motherboard and the hardrive replaced in the last two years, and both times it went smoothly. They send a technician to my work location as soon as they have the parts, which they always seem to have.

On the other hand the Alienware service technicians told my nephew he has to mail the laptop into the service depot. Because I purchased the laptop, I had to call service myself and go through a lengthy (on hold at least 4 times) identification and transfer process to allow them to send him a shipping label. Despite that, I had to call them again to make a minor change to his address, and go through the whole ball of wax again.

This makes me really upset - Once I transfer ownership to him . . . it should be transferred.

Next Alienware tells him that they will erase his harddrive while it's at the depot. They tell him it's VERY LIKELY that he will lose all of his data. Since the laptop is dead, he has to order a special adaptor to back up the harddisk before he sends it to you.

Then they tell him that instead of "Onsite" service they need his laptop for up to A MONTH!

I should have bought a Dell. Make no mistake, next time I will! Two more nephews to go in that family, and neither one of them wants to go through the "Alienware" experience, even though they love playing games on my Area-51 tower.

Tell me, what kid in college can tolerate you having his laptop for a month?

After sending this email to Alienware they responded by telling me that they did not have any record of this laptop in their system.

lee101

VIP Member
argh, sounds like yet another incident of crap customer support, at least they replied and offered to fix it, medion just wouldn't fix my laptop or reply to any emails, in the end i just gave up

i hate customer support, build your on pc and you get the very best, yourself:
On-line 24/7
freephone "hello myself"
no long queues
instany self diagnosis and fixing

Lee :D