:mad: Hey, I need help installing windows 98

Konrad

Still trying to install Windows 98

Hey, im trying to install windows 98 onto my pc, but i have no clue wth to do

Iv got two windows 98 SE cds, and a boot disk.

when i start my pc up, i get 3 options...

1 to start with cd suport,
2 to start without cd suport,
and 3. to exit i think?

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Have you tried to run the game in compatibility mode first? to goto win98 for one game is a bit extreme :).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My problem is that i cant install 98 on nt, because microsoft is stupid.
It tells me to reset my pc and install it under DOs, Which i dont have.
Well regardless of what OS you're dealing with youll need/want to install from DOS mode so youll need to boot to a CD/floppy and then run the W98 installer there :)

Konrad

Blue said:
Have you tried to run the game in compatibility mode first? to goto win98 for one game is a bit extreme :).

Did i not mention that this game is the Best racing game in the world?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried to run the game in compatibility mode first?
Windows 2000 doesn't have compatibility mode. DOS may have issues running if your HD is NTFS formatted

Konrad

it does have compatibility mode, Iv tried it.. But it didnt work.

so im gonna reset now and try this boot disk.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
id I not mention that this game is the Best racing game in the world?
Does it matter? (the answer is no unless youve got something particular in mind)

Jiffyman

Sorry

Sorry man I'm going to have to agree with blue thats a little extreme. In fact blowing your entire system away for one game is totally not worth it, in fact I think its kind of dumb. no offense man, But if you really want to play that game that bad just do what the other guys told you to do. By the way I don't know if you know this Windows 98 is almost history.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
lol, is it me or are you talking about stuf and quoting stuff which is no longer there. And it is a lil extreme, i was gonna make a partition on my hdd of about 1GB and wack windows 95 on there so i could play day of the tentacle (what a classic) but i lost the cd and found a patch for it on xp anywayz.