Madness or Brilliance?

alienationware

Hey all, it's the popsicle stick guy again. Please confirm that I am going mad...

Unfinished... 100% pure popsicle sticks...

wzbeta1.jpg

wzbeta2.jpg

...Otherwise let me have your opinions...

alienationware

yes...

I am confused. LOL. Is that a single stick or many glued together?

That is many popsicle sticks glued together. The total length is about 1.75 popsicle sticks. Each layer is stacked orthogonally to give strength, which is why I chose the medium in the first place.

Brilliantly Mad i'd say. Or maybe just too much free time
Lol, you could say that. But then, I started the concept in late 2001. Took me ~3.5 years to figure out the "handle" configuration on the "broom-stick". Also, I sorta broke the seat and glued it back later cuz I was frustrated. Originally I had planned to put bicycle handles on it, but then it looked like a cross, which would violate religion and look really weird... Seriously, you guys don't think it's still weird? I'm surprised!

Last edited:

jesbax

i don't see any thing. It probliy becuase im blind in one eye and can't see out the other\.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
alienationware made links to the pictures, which were on a geocities site of his.

He either deleted the pictures or moved em... I dont know..

All I can tell you is that when the pictures worked, and I saw them, it was very odd.. odd enough to where I have no idea how to explain his popsickle stick creation too you.

alienationware

Yes!!!!

All I can tell you is that when the pictures worked, and I saw them, it was very odd.. odd enough to where I have no idea how to explain his popsickle stick creation too you.

SFR, that's hitting right on the point, man! That's the essence of art. If I could describe it, I wouldn't have made it.

P.S. Anyone wants to have a second look at it, PM me.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
alienationware said:
SFR, that's hitting right on the point, man! That's the essence of art. If I could describe it, I wouldn't have made it.
hmmm...:rolleyes:

Yeah, you have a point!

I guess that is why people pay thousands if not millions for certain pieces of artwork....

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
And art could be anything that's tagged so.
As this postmodern masterpiece of Marcel Duchamp:

toilet.jpg