Malfunction During Formatting HELP!

StinkyDrummer

Hi, my hdd has recenly undergone formatting. Here is the story. I used this harddrive before, had XP on it. My mobo failed and I got a new one. I use an ATA PCI adapter and a Samsung 80GB hdd. When I installed the hardware, it worked fine, and I decided to wipe my hdd of XP and replace it with 2000 so I deleted it and I deleted the old partition and started formatting a new one. When the new partition was finishing up the formating proccess an error kept occuring. It said that the harddrive cannot be formatted because it is faulty or something like that. I attempted the formating several times thinking one of those would be a bonus. On the second or third attemt, power failed on my street and when I booted the computer again, to try and format and install windows, after the BIOS screen instead of the "press any key to run CD installation" the screen just went blank and the harddrive did not respond. I checked the system setup and it recognized the hdd, but it just wouldnt start. Im hoping my hdd is not totaly dead and it is just the software that got wiped off, and if there is any way to fix this, a discussion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SD

StinkyDrummer

I can get into the BIOS and it sees the harddrive, recognizes the capasity but when I boot, after the boot splash screen everything goes blank, and after a few minutes of running it says something about the drive failing to initiate.