Managing a large digital media collection

Tuffie

Hey guys,

Just looking for any suggestions on how you guys manage your digital media libraries..

I have a moderately sized collection, music: 240GB and 1.5TB of films. All of course in all different formats and such. I currently use iTunes alongside TuneUp iTunes, which I like particularly since the introduction of version 11. I don't use any management software for the films bar keeping all the music videos in iTunes then just splitting documentaries, sport and films into separate folders.

So what do you guys do with your collections? I did consider moving all my movies into iTunes, but this would require a bulk conversion into an iTunes friendly format something I like the idea of but but extremely time expensive...

Hey guys,

Just looking for any suggestions on how you guys manage your digital media libraries..

I have a moderately sized collection, music: 240GB and 1.5TB of films. All of course in all different formats and such. I currently use iTunes alongside TuneUp iTunes, which I like particularly since the introduction of version 11. I don't use any management software for the films bar keeping all the music videos in iTunes then just splitting documentaries, sport and films into separate folders.

So what do you guys do with your collections? I did consider moving all my movies into iTunes, but this would require a bulk conversion into an iTunes friendly format something I like the idea of but but extremely time expensive...

I just go and buy a cheap harddrive and throw all my stuff onto it on one computer, then just use Windows 7's Networked Media Libraries to access it remotely.