Memory problem / Matsonic mobo

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Memory problem

Hi everybody!
I have a problem with my Matsonic MS8137C+ motherboard. It worked well until it had only 256 MB RAM. Recently upgraded to 512 MB the memtest found errors in the memory stick. But this memory works errorless on other computers. Then I changed the single 512 MB stick with two 256 MBs. The same problem. But any of this 256 MB modules work well with the motherboard individually. The error appears only when both of them are present in the system.
What could be wrong?
My system is not overclocked, the BIOS settings are on default and the CPU is Athlon XP 2000+.

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I solved the problem upgrading to an ASUS mainboard :)
Remember: don't you ever buy something that has the Matsonic logo on it. Their products suck big time. The MS mainboard that I had was a piece of junk: couldn't install memory larger than 256 MB, the integrated soundcard's noise/signal ratio is almost 1:1, the driver-CD is messed-up (the drivers are for another mainboard), the USB driver for XP (downloaded from Matsonic's homepage) is actually a W9x driver, etc., etc.
I had none of these problems with the Asus mobo. The driver installation was quick and easy and the system is very stable (now with 768 MB RAM).

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I am a big ASUS fan, my current mobo is asus, bottom of the line one, but it is still good.

Death_Shadow

yeah, it's just the poor little Matsonic not coping with your 512 MB, you need a vetter motherboard :p Sorry not very helpful, i'm sure that was pretty obvious!