Mermory Upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

HPtallman

I have a dell - P4 1.8 GHz - 128MB of RAM. Whenever I log onto my username, it takes forever to load the desktop. Would a RAM upgrade fix this. If I upgrade to 512 MB of RAM will the desktop pop up right away or will it still have to load?

calypso665

it would still have to load but it would be a lot faster, trust me, increased ram makes a world of a difference, and u should keep the 128 along with the 512. your cpu is quite slow, overclocking is an option, but reaplacing it wouldnt be a bad idea

imjacktoo

U may consider going to Download.com and getting RegCleaner and using that to clean up ur registry. Its nice to have even if u dont clean up ur registry with it...It shows alot, startup programs,etc...It will also backup what u deleted from the reg so u can restore it if u suddenly start having a problem.

It's not there any more free.. they are charging $12.95 for it now. its called RegSupreme 1.0

Last edited:

terrance04

Heres what you need

HPtallman said:
I have a dell - P4 1.8 GHz - 128MB of RAM. Whenever I log onto my username, it takes forever to load the desktop. Would a RAM upgrade fix this. If I upgrade to 512 MB of RAM will the desktop pop up right away or will it still have to load?

You have the right processor power, but ram is actually how much apps and request can be ran at a certain or same time......

If you upgrade it would be a very good choice :p yes it would speed it up but, but you should use the free tools windows have, such as disk cleanup, disk defragmenter, get a free registry cleaner & use scandisk to fix errors that can cause slow boot time, just for the basics.

I could go on and on about this matter but........the best thing to use is pc booster software, the free trial only fixes a little, but the full version REALLY boosts your computer, i have the full version and it is the best. it tells you every detail problem thats slowing down your computer, all the technical stuff. You simply click optimize and your done and your pc restarts and you will see the difference.

Becasue when it comes to speeding up a computer that can be very tricky, because of all the applications and files that gather up after time.

hope this help, take care
T.Charles

Last edited: