Microphone Problem

The_Beast

Well, my Mom moved up to central Wisconsin 20 sum years ago to marry my dad. Well, my grandma and all my aunts and uncles are still living down by the Wisconsin Illinois border. they like to talk once or twice a week using yahoo messenger because it is cheaper and easier than using the phone.

But it is really hard to hear grandma, but she said that she can hear us clearly. When we went down to visit her over spring break we ask her about it.

She said that she plug the mic into the front mic port. So is that the problem??? should she be plugging it into the mic port in the back of the computer??? Or is it the mic???

PohTayToez

It's gotta be the mic, or her record volume is really low. Front/back ports (while it's possible) shouldn't normally make a difference.

Trizoy

VIP Member
It is porbably the distance she has from here mouth to the mic, and/or the quality of the mic.

I took my grandma flying and she was wearing one of those headsets pilots use with the mic boom. Anyway she did not understand that the mic had to be really close to you rmouth for it to work properly... I had to nod my head when I thought she was talking/rambling...