Microsoft Plus! For Windows XP

GigaBytez5

Is the 10 Dollars worth it for Plus!XP Media...? Is the 20 Dollars worth it for the Regular Plus!...? Need some help here people! :confused:

plus.jpg
PlusDME.jpg

And, I wanna know some of ur favorite features on it...!:cool:

shaidi

I have it and tried it once on my pc. didnt see anything interesting in it. but for a 13 yr old u might find it good. get it. u might like it

SFR

Truth fears no questions
If you have a digital camera or any other digital media devices the digital media edition is perfect for you...

HA!

I think both of them are a waste of money...

(I do like the XP PRO 2005 Media Center Edition)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
Yeah but Media Centre Edition comes with its own set of quirks too :p

can you please expand on that? what kind of quirks are you referring to?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Soooo what do you think about media centre edition for the average home user that'll be using word processers and playing games as well as surfing the net besides watching movies and all that..

What ya think?

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Blue said:
Soooo what do you think about media centre edition for the average home user that'll be using word processers and playing games as well as surfing the net besides watching movies and all that..

What ya think?

For startes my processor can easily handle everything you mentioned... If I were to stick linux on the same machine and start playing around with apache and server databases etc... I bet it would bog down.

I have windows XP MCE 2005 on my DELL 8400 3.0GHz 800 FSB with 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz

First off my CPU isnt even being tested IF I was to watch TV or a DVD and playing a 3D game (my video card is a the ATI Radeon™ X800 SE )

there is no need for me to upgrade the video card cause all I use this comp for is the media center functions and word processing.

I have another comp for my 3D rendering programs....

anyway... to answer your question directly I think for a USER who is going to be surfing then net, watching some TV or DVD .. being able to use all the function of DVR OR TIVO ...but without the costs.... etc... windows XP MCE 2005 is great!