Microsoft Word won't start anymore. I get this error message:

Windows Script Host

Script: C:\divtools\word.nec
Line: 3
Char: 1
Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'scripting.filesystemobject'
Code: 800A01AD
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

I don't know much about computers so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Go to Control Panel \ Add-Remove Programs and double click on Word (or Office) and use the 'Repair' option.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
sumink_beautiful
The file C:\divtools\word.nec -- should that file be there (i.e., is it a trojan/spy script?) in reference to Microsoft VBScript runtime error and 'scripting.filesystemobject' could it be that some VBRuntime files have been deleted (i wouldnt think so but since this is a local error it might be)

Microsoft Word won't start anymore. I get this error message:
Sounds like the default.doc file has been corrupted/altered, any luck if you just try reloading the original? (btw what version of Word do you have?). Repairing Office should do the trick if you dont wanna go hunting down that template file

sumink_beautiful

I don't know what version I have, I think it might be 6.something. I don't know what you mean by loading the original or repairing Office. Word doesn't come up on my Add/Remove Programs list. Sorry, I'm really bad with computers!!

sumink_beautiful

I found a file called WINWORD.EXE in C:/program files/Microsoft Office and clicked on that and it opens a new document. That's all I wanted. Thanks.

uniquekrishna

u can also create a shortcut for that by right clicking on it and choose-Send to-desktop. and from next time u have to click on that short cut instead of going :/program files/Microsoft Office .