Minecraft running way too fast

Lollipop Garbage

i always wanted minecraft to run faster... I DIDN'T MEAN THIS!!!!!
so when i play minecraft, ALOT of the time, gameplay is WAYYYYY too fast(not laggwise, then i wouldn't complain :) ) like game-planned events are packed way too close and minecraft thinks that time is 50x faster.

SilentRabbit

Probably not the best forum to post this in, its probably in the wrong category too, but thats okay!

I would suggest posting on the minecraft forums instead maybe, or even trying to contact mojang! You'd probably get a better answer, maybe even somebody who has been in a similar situation! (A few people play it here, i know, but come on)

Anyway time for some help:
Any mods installed? Done anything at all to your minecraft.jar? i would recommend forcing an update, do this by clicking options on the launcher and choosing 'force update' login and see if that works, if not or you have an older launcher (in that case the option wouldnt be there) then back up all your worlds+texturepacks, maybe even acheivements/stats if you need to and redownloading from the minecraft website.

Any more details you could give? (which events? Night/day etc?) Are you using a snapshot of a future update? Could be a bug!

:)

lucasbytegenius

What did you do before it became "faster"? Have you tried clicking the Options button on the launcher and then Force Update?

Jiniix

I would recommend forcing an update, do this by clicking options on the launcher and choosing 'force update' login and see if that works

Have you tried reading the thread, lucasbytegenius?

Anyway, I would try and re-download the Minecraft.exe and renaming your Minecraft folder ('C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft') and rename the folder to '.minecraftX'. Then run the new .exe and see if it still acts weird.

Last edited:

M1kkelZR

Anyway, I would try and re-download the Minecraft.exe and renaming your Minecraft folder ('C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft') and rename the folder to '.minecraftX'. Then run the new .exe and see if it still acts weird.

Lol how harsh to react, he's helping you know, no need to be a ***** about it.

But yeah I agree with Jiniix, this may help.

lucasbytegenius

Have you tried being less of a classic 13 year old? :rolleyes:
Just because two people offer the same advice doesn't mean we should all explode over it and be like, "OMG dupe advice kill him!!!1!"

Forcing an update should be just as fine as renaming the .minecraft folder. The problem with your approach is that you have to open the command line to rename the .minecraft folder back to .minecraft. It's easy, but for new people it's a bit daunting.