missing file please help

scottb8855

i was installing service pack 2 and i got a message when i restarted the computer saying

windows can not start becasue the file is missing or courpt.

\windows\inf\biosinfu.inf

then it says to put the windows disk in and repair it i dont know how to do that or would you know how to add a new file thanks much. it wont boot to windows so it must be an important file

thanks scott

STLPNazi

The windows repair disk is normally the same as the one that came with your computer with the operating system on it. Put the CD in and boot from it, and follow the instructions. If the repair process does not work, you may need to format and install windows with a clean installation.

BlaBli

to repair windows enter your windows cd and restart your computer allowing it to reboot from the cd.
windows installation starts and in one of the 1st pages you will c 'r' = repair
press 'r' and in the command prompt enter: fix boot

if this not work, again statr the computer with win installation disk in teh cd rom and at the page where r pressed 'r' press enter to continue and after 2-3 screens you will c again 'r' to repair, press 'r' and the whole system files will b recopied to your HD. (the 2nd 'r' is only represented in win xp professional and not in home edition installations)

hope i helped
have a great day
cheers
aviterzain