mixing diferent mhz of ddram

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. By default they will both run at 266MHz (btw the stuck is 256MB) although you might be able to upclock both of them to 333MHz. not a big jump (only 33MHz)

4W4K3

VIP Member
i believe they will also lower to your loosest timings of the 2 RAM's, and the most voltage of the 2...might be wrong about the voltage though.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
You mean tightest right? (slower badnwidth = tighter timings usually)
:)

ah yah...that does make sense. i guess that really depends on what the board thinks the RAM can run at. if it tries to make 2.5-3-3-7 run at 2-3-2-5...it might not boot at all. gotta find a common timing for the both of them manually if it doesn't boot i guess. never had that problem though...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if it tries to make 2.5-3-3-7 run at 2-3-2-5...it might not boot at all
I took 3-5-5-10 down to 2.5-3-2-5 :p but i dont think thats a normal result heehee

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
I took 3-5-5-10 down to 2.5-3-2-5 :p but i dont think thats a normal result heehee

lol i dont think so either. some RAM is really picky about timings, looks like you just got really flexible chips:) lucky.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Very ... i find that im often pleasently surprised by some of the cheap RAM i find :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Kingston makes a whole bunch of different grades of RAM (just like all makes) ... an OC from 266MHz to 333MHz is only 33MHz ... shouldnt be a big deal regardless so you should be fine... if you notice your computer rebooting a lot then try upping the Vdimm by 0.1v although you shouldnt have to

max_p_4444

thanks for all of your help i'll try it and if it doesnt work (and for some reason can't return it) i'll just remove the 256mb and keep 512mb