Mobo for SLI?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
The make of chipset doesn't determine if a board is SLI capable. Here's an AM2 board with an ATI chipset that runs Crossfire.
Do I need to point out crossfire is different that SLI? The chipset most certainly does determine if a board is SLI capable or not.

Archangel

VIP Member

PC eye

banned
well... both boards doesnt say SLI or CrossFire at all... so i gues it wouldnt work for either of those.. I think the 2nd pci-e slot is merel ment for a phys-x card.. not 2 grafic's cards

Mwave doesn't specify things like seen at newegg. But you won't too many boards running SLI with only one PCI-Ex16x slot available.

Warriorhazzard

were missing 1 vital piece of into I just noticed... :eek: what processor does your friend have? :)

He is using a Core 2 Duo. His specs are very much like the one im getting. :D

PC eye said:
As I said you have to look for the ones that specify SLI like looking at the specifications seen on the boards themselves. Fortunately Asus is more generous in providing detail on that then some vendors like the SLI mode board seen at http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...3&l2=15&l3 =0
Ill look for boards that specify that it runs on SLI

PC eye

banned
He is using a Core 2 Duo. His specs are very much like the one im getting. :D

Ill look for boards that specify that it runs on SLI

As you saw on the models there they can have more then one PCI-E slot and not be SLI capable or "ready" as it is often listed. Before ordering a board go to the manufacturer's site to look over the specifications and product information to verify what a vendor lists. Those can be way off at times.