most comfortable earbuds?

65n00в

Just wondering everyone's opinion on most comfortable earbuds (in-ear).

I got a pair of Sony MDR-XB400 on-ear headphones a few days ago. Super comfortable, but I like over-the-ear headphones the best cuz they seem to keep ambient noise from getting in.

I have a pair of Audio Technical ATH-M50x and they aren't the greatest looking headphones, but I've never heard anything quite so good. I heard they rival Beats, but then again they've been in the audiophile business for quite a long time.

Regarding earbuds, I just can't seem to find a pair that I can wear for over 4 hours. I have ADD pretty bad sometimes and it helps a lot if I'm constantly listening to something (non-vocal) cuz it cuts out other noises that distract me. The other thing is that I don't want to go walking around in public with over-the-ear headphones.

Can anyone suggest a pair of earbuds, that cannot be rivaled perhaps, or just opinions, no more than $100? I have never bought a pair of Bluetooth, but I'd be interested in buying a decent pair for under $50 if they were most certainly better than the iPhone earbuds, which ultimately have been the most comfortable in-ear that I've ever owned. I think I posted something here last year as "demonikal" about Bluetooth and everyone seemed to say that you get what you pay for.

I'd ask for recommendations on on-ear or over-the-ear, but most certainly OTE are too bulky to wear in public. I'd kinda like to be discreet about it. I have actually gone out in public with earplugs to just drown out a lot of noise. I don't really talk to people anyway, so doesn't make much difference. Thanks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont have any recommendations, but I am keen to hear recommendations from people. I liked klipsch in ear headphones, they had a very nice fit, and the sound was good, but the last two pairs I bought through amazon just broke within a very short period of time. So I would never spend another cent on anything klipsch again, the quality of construction is very poor. I wasnt paying $100 odd dollars after those two headphones breaking, I resorted to using the cheap headphones that came with the samsung note 4 and they are not bad in my opinion. I have a couple of extra pairs I ordered off amazon.com dont know if they are original or not, but they look exactly the same as the ones that came with the phone and I just listened to them and they sound good, for just $5.99 and they fit comfortably, so I aint going back to buying buying $100 headphones only to have them break. I am not an audiophile, but I have a google music subscription and I listen to a lot of music and I know what I like.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSHDD1I?
I have bluetooth headphones, the jaybird bluebud x that were fairly expensive. I prefer wired headphones, I hate having to charge them all the time and worry about them going dead, also the fit of the bluetooth headsets I have tried, they are usually bigger than wired ones and not as comfortable.

65n00в

I wasn't sure anyone was gonna reply, so since you have, I'll say that if it was not these, then it was an older model of Monoprice earbuds that at the time, I think were recommended by both CNET and Lifehacker for the cheapest pair of decent earbud headphones, under $10 too. This might or might not be the exact model http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9927 It was either 9927 or 9928. Can't remember. I have the pair somewhere. I contacted them, asking them if they sold ear cushions separately. They said that they did not, but that I could likely find something on Amazon, which I finally did. They were okay, but comfort was an issue. The thing that I really liked is that they had that one kind of cord, like some gaming mice have that are fairly difficult to get all tangled up. It's like fabric or something instead of just rubber insulation.

I guess I wasn't really thinking about the fact that Bluetooth would have to be charged. When Bluetooth headsets first came out, within about a year, I got one, and returned within 3 days. I'm always weird about comfort. Since you say that one, they have to be charged, which I should've thought of, and two, that they are a bit heavier, I should probably just stick to wired then. I guess I just gotta find something that works for comfort and sound, long enough cord, my height and all.

I will say that I actually thought about taking the most comfortable cushion, adding it to the earbuds with the best driver, bass, treble, and mid, and then possibly even adding a more quality audio cord. I would have no clue what I'd be doing, but if you think about it, there is no "one size fits all" type anything really. If I want something perfect for me, gonna have to hack and mod to my liking I guess.

Still would like to see more answers though. Thanks ian.

C4C

As far as earbuds go Shure noise-isolating are nice. Otherwise for over-the-ear I like AudioTechnica ATH's