Most widely used Mobo?

TheChef

What would you say is the most widely used motherboard, most reliable and most widely liked by educated computer people? So far I haven't been that impressed with Biostar....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The most widely used mobo is prolly whatever piece of crap OEM mobo Dell/HP/Compaq systems mostly ship with. :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol yes probably Dell OEM board.

you wanting just BRAND in general? or specific board? cuz most brands make for Intel AND AMD and thats totally different. I would say ABIT/ASUS/DFI are most popular overclocking/gaming boards. Lots of people buy cheaper Soyo/ECS boards though for stability...but they offer practically nothing for overclocking/gaming.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL yeah theres no way to really mark out the specific board thats most used :p (actually prolly an iNtel board circa 1986 ... at least as far as % go)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Msi???

What bout MSI boards? I found them to be of high quality and rich on features. I own one and had no single problem yet...and I like the design part of the mobo. Nice arrangement and red color. :D

JAN :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What bout MSI boards?
Well ... what about them?

I found them to be of high quality and rich on features.
Minus the fact that they state clearly that their specs may potentially violate JDEC requirements for memory (which really isnt a concern for 99.9% of users)

I own one and had no single problem yet...
Yes -- you own ONE. And most likely not the one thats found on OEM systems -- as has been qualified by my earlier comments.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Oops

I misunderstood the topic. Sorry. Yeah my OEM board in my Compaq sucks bigtime. It's one of the many oem boards that are the most frequent yet the least good.

JAN :D