Motherboard Beeping Continuously

uncpokernut

I'm building my first computer, and i've got everything hooked up correctly (i think). After i boot it up and it runs for about a half minute and then goes into a long continuous beep. I know it isn't the memory, and now i'm thinking it's the cpu overheating warning. But i've got a cpu fan, and i'm not sure why it would be overheating. Any suggestions as to what the beep is, and if it's the cpu overheating is my fan defective or do i need something else? Any help would be appreciated this beeping is annoying!

jesbax

1. The Power supply is damaged or bad.

2. The BIOS is corrupted. Try resetting the CMOS by remove the battery from the motherboard for 10 seconds.

At this point the first thing to try is a different Power Supply to see if the results are any better.
If the same problem happens with the new power supply, you need to get a new bios chip

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I know it isn't the memory
How do you know?

After i boot it up and it runs for about a half minute and then goes into a long continuous beep. I know it isn't the memory, and now i'm thinking it's the cpu overheating warning
They dont overheat that fast

4W4K3

VIP Member
sounds lie a bad PSU. if it'll run for a minute or longer i dont think it would be the CPU. RAM might be bad...but if it was friend or not working at all it wouldnt even boot. could be mobo or BIOS chip itself...you'd have to run a few tests.