Motherboard for 2600X

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, wouldn't expect any issues except that I doubt you'll get the ram to run at that speed.

OmniDyne

Yeah I forgot to look at the RAM support list. Gonna go for a different motherboard or drop RAM speed.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Don't drop RAM speed. Find a board that pushes at the very least 2933, preferably 3200MHz. My board was a first gen cheap X370 board, think it was like 130-140 on release and even it pushes 2933MHz, and would do 3200MHz if I had Samsung B Dies, have Hynix A's.

OmniDyne

Don't drop RAM speed. Find a board that pushes at the very least 2933, preferably 3200MHz. My board was a first gen cheap X370 board, think it was like 130-140 on release and even it pushes 2933MHz, and would do 3200MHz if I had Samsung B Dies, have Hynix A's.

Will it take some work to hit 3200 or will XMP work? My buddy definitely isn't looking to tweak with any settings beyond basic stuff, which is why we chose the 2600X. We're thinking of pairing with the 1660ti.

Darren

Staff member
Will it take some work to hit 3200 or will XMP work? My buddy definitely isn't looking to tweak with any settings beyond basic stuff, which is why we chose the 2600X. We're thinking of pairing with the 1660ti.
I personally haven't touched the 2nd gen chips but even on first gen it was usually just set XMP and run with it. RAM support is supposed to be much better now and imagine you won't get any issue as long as the board says it supports it.

OmniDyne

I personally haven't touched the 2nd gen chips but even on first gen it was usually just set XMP and run with it. RAM support is supposed to be much better now and imagine you won't get any issue as long as the board says it supports it.

Alright good to hear. Found the ASRock B450 Pro4; it supports 3200 but not the specific RAM I found earlier. I'm assuming that shouldn't be an issue.

Darren

Staff member