Motherboard I.D required for this laptop Rysen 7

RayS

Hi all, I am new to this forum and trying to Identify this motherboard so I can find out what goes in the empty 42mm slot. I was informed that it should take an extra m.2 card to give me extra space.
Up to now I have had no luck and even tried 2 different 500gig cards in from Amazon, which were not recognised by the system even tried booting to the bios, they were not recognised there.
Any help would be appreciated, cheers. Ray

Attachments

• _MG_1301.jpg
    _MG_1301.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 12
  • _MG_1304.jpg
    _MG_1304.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 8

beers

Staff member
Seems like a 2242 M.2 slot to me, same M keying as the slot above it. If you had the model of laptop it'd be significantly easier to verify.

RayS

Thanks for the reply, I can't see any model info on the case other than NOOB on the lid. I've also tried a 2242 chip in the slot but was not recognised by the system.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The model number should be on the underside either in fine print or just raised print. May need a magnifying glass. Also check bios to see if that port needs to be enabled.

beers

Staff member
Maybe one of these?

RayS

The model number should be on the underside either in fine print or just raised print. May need a magnifying glass. Also check bios to see if that port needs to be enabled.
Cheers Johnb35, still no sign of model number, checked all over the case with magnifier also when i tried the chip, I booted into bios to make sure every thing was enabled but said there was nothing to recognise when I tried enabling. Ray

RayS

Cheers Johnb35, still no sign of model number, checked all over the case with magnifier also when i tried the chip, I booted into bios to make sure every thing was enabled but said there was nothing to recognise when I tried enabling. Ray
Might try sending for another 2242 in case it was a faulty one.

RayS

Maybe one of these?

Maybe one of these?

It certainly resembles the

KUU Laitnin G5​

Trying now to see what the motherboard looks like, thanks for this, hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Cheers, Ray

beers

Staff member
Nice yo, I just googled the battery part number and that was the cross reference. Seems kind of hard to find any specification information as everything is very Chinese, they don't seem to have much documentation for it.

RayS

Nice yo, I just googled the battery part number and that was the cross reference. Seems kind of hard to find any specification information as everything is very Chinese, they don't seem to have much documentation for it.
Thanks for tying I'm having the same problem. it resembled the KUU G5 but not the same. Cheers.