"Multirom" disk doesn't work

Kean

:confused: Hi folks
I have what is called a "Multirom" disk, supplied with a "teach yourself a foreign language" book. This CD is for use in the car as an audio cd and in the home computer as an interactive cd, with video clips, exercises etc. When I put it in my computer cd drive all I get is the audio files, that is, it treats the cd as if it was merely an audio cd. When i examine the contents all it shows is the audio files. So I asked my friend to try it in his computer and the interactive suite launched immediately and he can see all the files, not just the audio files. So I must have something I'm not doing right on my computer, or maybe I'm missing some software. Any suggestions???

Ta

Kean

Morb

It seems that you only see audio track(session) on cd. This type of CD is called MixCD. But I don't have clue why you are not able to see it. It is generally done, by placing music track on the fist place and the data tracks are following... I had some CD's of this type and all worked well :(.

Try to make image from this CD and mount it on virtual drive(for ex:Nero Image Drive). This way you can find if the problem is in your drive(maybe firmware).