[My Computer] Shocking Images

Bixy

Hello people of the Computer Forum,

Well, I just signed up on this forum for a question I have about my own desktop. The problem I'm having is that I get shocking images and a not smooth display. Well to start here are my specs:

* MotherBoard:Asus M2N98-AM SE2 with NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV/nForce630a, up to 4 GB DDR2.
*Processor: AMD ATHLON 64 bits X2 5200+ dual core 2x 2.7 GHz with 1 MB cache.
*Memory: 2048 MB DDR2 800Mhz pc-6400 Kingston.
*Harddisk: 250 GB S-ATA Maxtor with 16 MB Cache and 7200 RPM
*OS: Windows 7 (however I have experienced these problems with XP, Vista and 7.)

I resently bought a new graphic- and Soundcard, so there cannot be anything wrong with those two.

Well the main thing that irritates me is that I just cannot play simple games like: GunZ the duel or even Maple Story without having the so called: 'Screen Laggs'.

So please help me by saying what I can do about my computer or what may be the cause of this problem. Thank you!

Bixy

what graphics card did you buy?

Ehmm I have the box at my dad's house wich is pretty far away... I remember also a GeForce with 265 mb dedi and with up to 1 Gigabyte. That's all I can remember.

EDIT: I found something at the Device manager: Radeon X1550 series

Any use?

Last edited:

ganzey

banned
find out hat card it is, then go to nvidia's website and download the drivers. this is most likely what is wrong

Bixy

find out hat card it is, then go to nvidia's website and download the drivers. this is most likely what is wrong

Okay well thank you very much. I'm going to contact my brother who has the Box near him and ask him for the excact name of the Graphic card. Again thanks allot!

ganzey

banned
^^i see you mentioned that it is a radeon. you will need to go to ATI.com to download the drivers for that