I've been running my Dell Inspiron laptop for the past 4 years and have decided to upgrade to a new desktop. It'll mainly be used for surfing the internet, watching movies and listening to music. As for games I'll be occasionally firing up Civilization IV and want to future proof this setup for the next installment of Civ.
Either this with an onboard video:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398
Or this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125277
with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131603
I plan on only having one monitor right now but hope to run a dual monitor setup in the future. 24" too big for my needs?:good:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39888&lid=1022053
Large storage is a must and I was planning on having two 1tb drives set up as RAID 1 with the possibility of upgrading to RAID 5 in the event that I run out of storage space. The WD green drives are pretty attractive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136490
For those of you who watch movies, is a Bluray drive worth it? If not, then this should do fine.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177
Other stuff:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129069
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104075
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103681
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177
My budget is less than $1000 but this is sort of flexible.
Thanks guys, any thoughts?
Either this with an onboard video:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398
Or this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125277
with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131603
I plan on only having one monitor right now but hope to run a dual monitor setup in the future. 24" too big for my needs?:good:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39888&lid=1022053
Large storage is a must and I was planning on having two 1tb drives set up as RAID 1 with the possibility of upgrading to RAID 5 in the event that I run out of storage space. The WD green drives are pretty attractive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136490
For those of you who watch movies, is a Bluray drive worth it? If not, then this should do fine.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177
Other stuff:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129069
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104075
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103681
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136177
My budget is less than $1000 but this is sort of flexible.
Thanks guys, any thoughts?