My first (gaming) build! :D

Bigdude05

Alright guys so the computer is up and running like a champ :D. Two things I needed to know though.

1. Theres no real spot for the SSD drive, its kind of just chilling on the bottom of the case, could I run into problems with that?

2. This video card is huge! It fits fine and everything but... Im worried about how heavy it is, could it damage my motherboard or anything. Do I need to add something for support? Or should it be fine?

Bigdude05

OK I'll look into that bay. will the SSD be fine for now as long as I don't move it around, I know theres no moving parts or anything, or should I wait for the adapter?

And OK, It should be fine then :)

Wait a second the SSD did come with one of those, I just couldn't figure it out... LOL

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
:D Yeah I'd just install it in the adapter ASAP. SSDs are quite tough but you want to make sure it's properly mounted just to avoid any damage you may cause, and for convenience and tidiness too. :)

Bigdude05

Yeah it for sure should be secure now, just don't call me an idiot (to many times) for trying to fit the drive in one of the ODD drive bays earlier. XD.

Russ88765

I wouldn't worry about it too much. SSD's by design have no moving parts, they are more of a microchip than a magnetic device. A lot of shock resistance - i've seen them dropped off buildings and were still able to boot up. Very quiet, low power and heat to speak of as well - with that adapter in place you should be worry free.

spirit

Staff member
Bigdude05 said:
just don't call me an idiot (to many times) for trying to fit the drive in one of the ODD drive bays earlier. XD.
Don't worry I won't. :p We all live and learn. :D