my friend......the idiot

bigsaucybob

well my friend who doesnt know much about computers wanted a laptop and he asked me to help him out. So i did, but he went with wat his dad though and they bought a computer without telling me. It was a celeron m 1.3ghz, 512mb of ram a 40 gig hard drive and a zip drive 2. It was a dell but im not sure wat model. He said it ended up at 1100 dollars, is he getting ripped off or is it just me?

4W4K3

VIP Member
err...yah thats a rip off. Dell has sales/coupons wait to get one of those.

EDIT: LMAO!!!! im subscribed to 1024 threads. yay a Gig of threads!

Last edited:

Holiday

This is going to be Mine, and it only cost me $770 Office depot sale. :D
It lasts till september 03, 2005

HP Pavilion zv6000; AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0GHz); 15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800); 512MB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB); Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2; 100 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive; DVD+/-RW/R CD-RW w/Double Layer; 128MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/Hypermemory(TM); 54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth; 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery; Microsoft(R) Works/Money

pavilionzv6000highcompforum10s.jpg

Last edited:

bigsaucybob

lol nah it really was, if i were buying a laptop i would put my trust in the hands of newegg, always the best, poor kid shoulda listened to me

alanuofm

VIP Member
bigsaucybob said:
lol nah it really was, if i were buying a laptop i would put my trust in the hands of newegg, always the best, poor kid shoulda listened to me

newegg just resells other manufacturer's computer. so newegg isn't the best because they dont make any laptops

SlothX311

Holiday said:
This is going to be Mine, and it only cost me $770 Office depot

dude thats a freakin amazing deal.....for $700 range i could only find semprons, with like 256 system ram :(

djray77

SlothX311 said:
dude thats a freakin amazing deal.....for $700 range i could only find semprons, with like 256 system ram :(

I know, man I wish that deal was still going on :(
Anybody know of any other deals like this one??

bigsaucybob

thats a really good deal but i have heard that amds arent good in laptops, is that true and which one is best for a laptop?