my graphics card wont screw in

Aastii

VIP Member
Your motherboard is all screwed in with all of the screws, and your video card is in all the way correctly?

If so, just lift the card slightly, as it will fall under its own weight so it is misaligned, and it should line up for you to put the screws in

dre

Your motherboard is all screwed in with all of the screws, and your video card is in all the way correctly?

If so, just lift the card slightly, as it will fall under its own weight so it is misaligned, and it should line up for you to put the screws in

in installed the graphics card after i got the motherboard stalled and screwed into the case. do you think i should install the motherboard with the graphics card in already on the motherboard?

Aastii

VIP Member
Can you bend the metal piece back enough to get it screwed in.

That would void the warranty. Any sort of physical defect = voided warranty, even if it isn't a part necessary for the card to actually work

in installed the graphics card after i got the motherboard stalled and screwed into the case. do you think i should install the motherboard with the graphics card in already on the motherboard?

No, it should fit fine. The reason I asked is because if you hadn't screwed the board in yet, if it wasn't lined up with where it would actually be (ie, a few mm further back from the screw holes), that would be the source of your problem, because once fitted, the mobo + GPU are essentially 1

cabinfever1977

its pretty close,just make sure the card is seated properly and move the braket just enough to get a screw in and you should be fine.