My Home Made Wooden Case - COMPLETED!

Timo

Not bad

It would look better with a window

That's opinion wise, I quite like the closed wooden case. Makes it look stealthy, more like something to just put in your living room for fun, how would you expect it to be a computer.

(except for the drives popping out... Which I already stated)

lovely?

it looks like im gonna have to make one! i took my side panel in to be modded into a larger square window by a friend of my moms, and he screwed up so badly that now it needs all new paint, some BONDO, some SPOT WELDS and it needs to be bent back into its original shape!!!!!

this was the first thread i could find to rant about it, it only happened a few minutes ago, and im still fuming........

F**K

EDIT: im gonna go blow off some steam by shooting my paintball gun at my fence...

shenry

Very nice case. But the white drives kinda spoil it a little. Stealth bays, like people have said would do the trick nicely!

Last edited:

Langers2k7

it looks like im gonna have to make one! i took my side panel in to be modded into a larger square window by a friend of my moms, and he screwed up so badly that now it needs all new paint, some BONDO, some SPOT WELDS and it needs to be bent back into its original shape!!!!!

this was the first thread i could find to rant about it, it only happened a few minutes ago, and im still fuming........

F**K

EDIT: im gonna go blow off some steam by shooting my paintball gun at my fence...

What on earth did he do to it? Sounds like he's more of a ship-builder than a computer enthusiast!

lovely?

What on earth did he do to it? Sounds like he's more of a ship-builder than a computer enthusiast!

i knew he wasnt a computer enthusiast, but from everyone telling me, he sounded like a prodigy with metal. this is not the reality.

Langers2k7

Oh and btw, should anyone want to know the specs (just filled it up with goodies)

Then here they are...

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5
Intel E8200
2 x Radeon 3850 Crossfire
4gb Corsair DDR2 1200mhz
500gb WD
And to utilize it, my 32" Sony Bravia.

Motoxrdude

More Pictures!:) Can you open it up and show pictures of the inside so i can see how it was put together better?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
More Pictures!:) Can you open it up and show pictures of the inside so i can see how it was put together better?

yeah inside pics would be great,the only thing i personaly dont like about it is that the front intake fan isnt in the middle....its more to the right side of the case.

is there a reason you done that buddy?

you done a great job though;)

Langers2k7

At the moment, these are the only pictures I have of my case.
Unfortunately the case is being marked at school - it was a GCSE Design project. As soon as I get it back, I will be able to take some more pictures of the inside and post them!
EDIT - Oh and in answer to your question, the fan is placed like that because of the 22cm fan - the intake fan on the front is quite deep and would have been in the way of the huge side fan (also very deep). The case looks bigger in the pictures than it is in real life - it's actually pretty small.

Justin

VIP Member
At the moment, these are the only pictures I have of my case.
Unfortunately the case is being marked at school - it was a GCSE Design project. As soon as I get it back, I will be able to take some more pictures of the inside and post them!
EDIT - Oh and in answer to your question, the fan is placed like that because of the 22cm fan - the intake fan on the front is quite deep and would have been in the way of the huge side fan (also very deep). The case looks bigger in the pictures than it is in real life - it's actually pretty small.

sweet. hope you get a good grade for that. ;)