My internet shuts down for some reason, PLEASE HELP

Dustin92

For about a month and a half now i have been dealing with this annoying problem on my DELL dimension E-521. The internet will be fine at night, when i wake up in the morning, i go to the internet and it says "This webpage is unavailable". I have GOOGLE chrome, mozilla firefox 3, and internet explorer and it does the same thing for all 3 browsers. To fix this i have to restart my whole computer. I tried repairing the connection once and it worked ONLY ONCE. When i tried it again it says Cannot renew IP Address. I am on a LINKSYS wireless connection. I really need help to fix this problem.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
How's your signal strength, it sounds like your computer might be having trouble connecting to your access point. Are there a bunch of other wireless networks in your area, if so try changing the channel. I can tell you though, it isn't likely a problem with your browser. It's a problem with your network.

lawson_jl

Also what kind of firewall do you have? This may be locking down your connection. Also check to be sure that the power save option is not one the wireless card. This can cause it to shut off after a long period of idol time and require a reboot to get the card to turn on.