My laptop crashes every 5 minutes...

T-Wrecks

I ran a scan with my AVG and I defragged my laptop, and Malwarebytes finds nothing wrong. I just don't understand why this is happening. I would not say I have a great deal of programs installed...

Also, Opera is a great browser, but copy and paste does not work.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Any new programs installed? Any new hardware (memory really given its a laptop)? Plugged in or on battery? Full crash (bsod) or just freezes or shuts down?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Find the source of the grinding noise and let us know. Sounds like it could be a fan or hard drive

Sombo Vol

It might be a problem with your battery. The laptop built-in power supply (PSU) might be broken or burned out. It could explain why the computer seems to only handle 5 minutes before the power supply's limited energy is stripped away and crashes. This is a similar case with phones having a broken battery and shuts down all of a sudden. Your laptop might need to be checked out. Your local technician can easily replace the laptop's PSU as long as you know what Power supply your laptop has.

Hi! Have you tried to use the "View reliability history" function??

I can show any errors and sometimes even recommend a fix!? Just check what is says! (go to the magnifying glass next to your start-button, type: view reli
and click on the "view reliability history" that appears above…)