My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?

corewill2003

I don't know why, but my laptop's Radeon driver says it needs to update despite me already having the latest version... Also, when I tried to update it the program just freezes and crashes. I have a picture of what it does here. I want to know what this is caused by and what I can do about it, the taskbar notification that I need to update my drivers is getting annoying, considering I have the latest version!

index.png

mdfbdb

Darren

Staff member
It's done that as long as I can remember, although haven't had an AMD card in a couple years now. Just ignore it, I think they're like mini patches to each version. Had it happen several times, sometimes they would update to the same number but still install successfully.

corewill2003

It's done that as long as I can remember, although haven't had an AMD card in a couple years now. Just ignore it, I think they're like mini patches to each version. Had it happen several times, sometimes they would update to the same number but still install successfully.

I've had this laptop since July 2017 and haven't had this happen to me yet, but I guess you're correct.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My guess is that there is a glitch and it didn't fully update. Why else would it freeze up when updating? You might want to use DDU to uninstall your drivers and then reinstall using latest version.